Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Letterman versus O'Reilly

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letterman versus O'Reilly

    Well the fact of the matter is aff he has a huge viewing audience who buy into his so called right wing philosophy. There is evidence to support that the majority of americans have conservative social views(much like O'Reilly)even though there is enough evidence to also suggest that the majority of americans tend to be somewhat on the liberal side when it comes to fiscal/economic policy and side with the middle class over large corporations and businesses. I believe the reason conservatives have in large part dominated national elections over the last decade has been due to the social climate in this country and voters have been casting their ballots toward morality and family issues as opposed to economic and financial issues. The pendulum always swings however and democrats will once again gather steam in national politics as long as they manage suppress the most despised segment of american politics: the radical liberal. The left wing segment of the democratic party much more negatively affects the party as a whole than does the right wing segment of the Republican Party. It seems easier to despise the likes of Nancy Pelosi, Howard Dean and John Kerry(who is hailed a hero by communists)out there calling US soldiers terrorists and calling terrorists freedom fighters and such than it is to despise Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell who would be more likely to call Jesus a freedom fighter and Satan a terrorist [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letterman versus O'Reilly

    You make some good points there Moonlight...all of those are valid aspects to be critical toward the Bush administration. I will be the first to acknowledge it has been less than perfect and I also do not agree with all the terms regarding the patriot act. I also have to wonder why more is not being done to track down Bin Laden...although I do not claim to know all the activities that are going on in that endeavor. I do however believe the overall war on terror is being fought as aggressively as possible. I haven't heard much about the "2257" bill you mentioned but if your facts are correct on that is sounds like a bad deal.

    I'm sure what you said about reserves could be right in some instances but I have family and several friends in the reserves and none of them stayed even close to 3 years. As far as Kerry being smarter than Bush? Yeah he probably is but being smart doesn't make you right. I'm sure Joe Stalin was a pretty bright guy as well. His public speaking had little to do with why he didnt win...it was more to do with his proposed policies which were out of touch with the majority of the american public. If Dean were to win the democratic nomination then the Republicans can go ahead and start celebrating because it will be the biggest landslide in presidential election history no matter who they nominate, surpassing Reagan's domination over Mondale in '84. Dean is one of the best things that ever happened to american conservatives along with Jesse Jackson. Hillary may be the best chance they have...they really ought to take a close look at Mark Warner though in my opinion.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letterman versus O'Reilly

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Well the fact of the matter is aff he has a huge viewing audience who buy into his so called right wing philosophy.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    The key terminology you use here is "buy into". Sometimes you hear someone banter about something so many times, you just kinda stop thinking for yourself and accept what someone else says as truth if you're not strong enough to think for yourself. That's what a lot of followers of these pundits (O'Reilly, Hannity/Colmes, Limbaugh on one end--Moore, Mathews, and Stewart on the other) fall into. I've got viewpoint on both sides--why? Because I can think for myself as opposed to adopting the doctrine of one pundit or the other. That's been a HUGE problem with politics for about the past 10 years when there's more talking head programs on TV than actual news.

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    It seems easier to despise the likes of Nancy Pelosi, Howard Dean and John Kerry(who is hailed a hero by communists)out there calling US soldiers terrorists and calling terrorists freedom fighters and such than it is to despise Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell who would be more likely to call Jesus a freedom fighter and Satan a terrorist

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Did you mention him to make sure you ward off a massive stroke? LOL...what about Falwell too...Spongebob Squarepants is recruiting children to be gay...how far fetched can you get?

    And I don't care who's hailed a hero by communists...just because a communist/terrorist says they'd rather have so-and-so in power of our country doesn't mean it's going to help that extremist's cause. I guarantee you Kerry, Pelosi, Dean, or any other Dem would drop a bomb on someone if they posed a threat to the US. Saying otherwise is uncalled for and unfounded. But at least they'd drop a bomb on a threat to us for the right reasons instead of for the express purpose of playing the war to make their buddies &amp; themselves even more rich and powerful than what they already are.

    Show me a link to where there's been an interview or quote where Kerry, Pelosi, Dean, or another Dem have called our soldiers terrorists or the enemy freedom fighters. That's a little far fetched--sounds O'Reilly'ish to me.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letterman versus O'Reilly

    2257 law

    Tommy Asbury stayed in Iraq for well over two years, I graduated and played football with him, and he was in the national guard.


    I agree I think Warner is probally the only decent democratic canidate, but I do not think he will run until he gets a little older.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letterman versus O'Reilly

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    As far as Kerry being smarter than Bush? Yeah he probably is but being smart doesn't make you right. I'm sure Joe Stalin was a pretty bright guy as well.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Why in the blue hell do you continue to compare Dems to communists? That's overboard. You don't see me comparing Falwell or Robertson to Kim Jong Il and the Ayatollah Khomeini do you, even though we could? The only difference between one pair and the other is that Falwell or Robertson will never take a country by force and become a religiously persecuting dictator--they'll only do it by veiling their real personal motives in Christian wording. That's really moral right there.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letterman versus O'Reilly

    I guess I struck some kind of a cord by attacking a few extremists in the democratic party...you can defend those folks all you want but i have my own personal opinion of them. I also think it was way out there what Robertson said and actually laughed about it(regarding the stroke/Israel issue)it was so ridiculous. Yeah we have all heard that Bush went to war for his own personal agenda yadda yadda yadda I already expressed my opinion as to why we went to war in an earlier post and I respectfully disagree with your opinion as to the underlying motives. I doubt either one of us will ever know who was right and who was wrong. I think your analysis about Kerry and Dean and how they would react in the situation you mentioned is way off but hey thats just me. I'm not labeling them communists but it is kinda odd don't you think that they are so well thought of by what most would consider staunch american enemies?

  7. #27
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letterman versus O'Reilly

    So what do you feel are their "real personal motives" if you don't mind sharing?

  8. #28
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letterman versus O'Reilly

    "Show me a link to where there's been an interview or quote where Kerry, Pelosi, Dean, or another Dem have called our soldiers terrorists or the enemy freedom fighters. That's a little far fetched--sounds O'Reilly'ish to me."

    I don't have anything on Pelosi and probably shouldn't have mentioned her but if you didn't hear what Kerry said regarding American Soldiers in Iraq terrorizing the women and children in Iraq then you must have been living under a rock. There are so many sound bites on Dean and some of his outlandish comments that i won't even waste my time.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letterman versus O'Reilly

    Yeah that law definitely seems like overkill and very hard to enforce...probably a waste of time and money.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letterman versus O'Reilly

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I'm not labeling them communists but it is kinda odd don't you think that they are so well thought of by what most would consider staunch american enemies?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    In other words, you're tagging them with the moniker given circumstances even though they probably don't deserve it? Nice jump to conclusions.

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I guess I struck some kind of a cord by attacking a few extremists in the democratic party...you can defend those folks all you want but i have my own personal opinion of them.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    No chord struck here...just don't define the party or any ideas akin to that party by the most extreme of it's own members or those outside of it. That's shortsided of you to do so and hurts your own argument.

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    So what do you feel are their "real personal motives" if you don't mind sharing?


    [/ QUOTE ]

    To control legislature via their backing of the government in power and ultimately (though it's a pipe dream) to make the US a religious state even though we have separation of church &amp; state guaranteed to us. If they control the government, then they also control social structure, in other words, they're using the wrong means to an extreme end that is unfair to those that don't believe exactly along their belief lines. No I have not done a study, but their actions indicate as such to me, and this is merely my opinion.

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I don't have anything on Pelosi and probably shouldn't have mentioned her but if you didn't hear what Kerry said regarding American Soldiers in Iraq terrorizing the women and children in Iraq then you must have been living under a rock. There are so many sound bites on Dean and some of his outlandish comments that i won't even waste my time.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    If you can't show me a link, don't waste your time saying so and so said this when we have no substantive evidence to support your statement. Characterizing people as something they're not to the public without proof is slander by word, libel by script. It's not right.



    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •